Thursday, December 24, 2009

HAPPY HOLIDAYS (and just a tad conspiracy theory...)


Using one's blog to post a Holiday Letter. Ain't the interwebs Grand? ;)

Good Christmas Eve All,

Well, as many of you have probably already guessed, I'm not a big Card Giver. There are a number of reasons for this: I'm in the running for the reduce/reuse/recycle award. Yeah, there is no such thing, but, boy, if there was... Also, I know when we receive cards we are faced with the dilemma of whether or not to chuck 'em, and when. It feels so callous to just toss it in the recycle bin straight away, but eventually it's going to end up there. Lastly, I just plain procrastinate. At least now I can blame it on my Eco-Green-Hippy beliefs. For those of you who I've know for years and have never gotten a card (or on time, at least), I apologize. ;)

And, who would I be without a little conspiracy? Since we All know Hallmark (et al) is largely to blame for our Need to Spend at the holidays, I say...Well, you know what I would say, but somehow it seems inappropriate in a Holiday letter.

Well sir, it's been a year alright. Plenty of not-so-great things have happened, but, really, why dwell? Lots of Good things have happened and that's what counts! (Well, technically, without the "bad" things the "good" things would not seem as swell, but that's a different discussion for a different time.) I'm sad that another year has passed, but looking forward to the upcoming one, with a vow to be more present in the moment so it doesn't slip by so fast.

Happy Holiday, whichever you observe, and Happy MidWinter if you observe none! May you have a pleasant day, week, month, year, life...............

Always,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.